Foxboro Youth Softball League
Welcome to Foxboro Youth Softball!!!
We are currently restructuring our League Division for competitive, fun, and age appropriate for all girls from 3 years old to 8th Graders for Summer Ball only. Our goal is to have softball games available during summer time for 6U and 8U Division. This will create a safer and fun environment for players and continue learning the basic mechanics of softball.
Spring Ball - Girls will be group according to their Grades (i.e. 1st & 2nd Grader, 3rd & 4th Grader and so on) except for Instructional A. This is strictly for girls in pre-Kindergarten to Kindergarten. Full practice each week (coaches determine time and date) and plays 2 games per week for 5 weeks.
Summer Ball– Girls will play according to their age group. She will be allowed to play up after coaches’ evaluation/approval that she can play and field the game safely. Their safety comes first!!!!! Girls signed up to play Summer Ball understand that she must commit to playing the entire season is over otherwise team will forfeit any games if there are not enough girls to field a team. Team plays 10 games plus playoff at the end of the season if qualified. Games are very competitive and requires all players to participate and attend full practice each week. Games are played Monday through Thursday with make up games Friday or weekends due to weather cancellation.
Fall Ball- Girls will play according to their age group. Less competitive than Summer Ball with playoff and championship at the end of the season. Plays 10 games (doubleheader) for 5 weeks starting in September through middle of October and requires travel to other neighboring towns. Games are played on weekends only and full practice once per week. Fall Ball is designed to be fun and a continuation learning experience for all players to enhance their skills for the next season.
• Introduction to softball, very basic skills. FUN! • Consists of players pre-Kindergarten to Kindergarten. • Players will participate in skills and drills in the beginning of the season. As the season progresses the players will play “T Ball”. • Practice/Games will be held on Saturday. • A field day with medals for all players at the end of the season
Instructional B (6U)
• This division builds on the basics of throwing, hitting, catching, fielding, base-running and learning the game of fastpitch softball. • Great for a first-time player! • No scores are kept, no umpires, no standings or playoffs, and a field day with medals for all players of the season. • Consists of players ages 5 and 6 (birth years 2013 & 2012) by January 1st. • Players will use an 11” softie softball and play a minimum of 2 innings per game with a full roster rotation used for batting purposes. • One practice and one game per week (to be determined by the coach). Coaches will pitch during the game and will throw 6 pitches maximum.
• This division is an introduction to competitive fastpitch softball and uses an 11” softball. • Games with coach pitching, umpires, and all games against other 8U teams. • Ideal for first time players. Ample opportunities to catch up and learn the fundamentals with more experienced players. • One practice and possible two games per week (to be determined by the coach) against other 8U teams. • Scores are kept but standings do not matter, junior umpires, and a field day with medals for all players at the end of the season. • Consists of players ages 7 & 8 (birth years 2011 & 2010) by January 1st.
Minor Division (10U)
• This division is the first level of competitive fastpitch softball and uses an 11” softball and pitching at 35 feet from home plate. Real games with girls pitching, umpires, all games against other Minor Division teams (10U’s). • First time players are always welcome and will be given ample opportunities to catch up and learn with more experience players. • One practice/maybe two and two games per week (to be determine by coach). • Scores are kept, Jr. umpires, playoff and championships (summer & fall ball) at the end of the season. • Consists of players ages 9 & 10 (birth years 2009 & 2008) by January 1st.
Junior Division (12U)
• This division builds on all aspects of competitive fastpitch softball and introduces players to the full size 12” softball and 40 feet pitching mound. • Real games with girls pitching, umpires, all games against other Junior Division teams (12U). • Prior experience is helpful but not necessary. If no previous experience, attendance at a clinic prior to the season is also strongly recommended. • Two practices per week and 2 games per week (to be determine by coach). • Scores are kept, umpires, playoff and championships (summer and fall ball only) at the end of the season. • Consists of players ages 11 & 12 (birth years 2007 & 2006) by January 1st.
Senior Division • This division is full-fledged competitive fastpitch softball with the full distance 43 feet pitching mound and most PONY/ASA/USSSA Softball rules used. • Real games with girls pitching, umpires, all games against other Senior Division teams. • Previous experience required. • Two practices and two games per week. • Scores are kept, umpires, playoffs and championships (summer and fall ball) at the end of the season. • Consists of players ages 13, 14, and 15 (birth years 2005; 2004; & 2003) by January 1st. • Games Days/Time TBD but consideration will be made for players participating in High School games/practices.
Important: If player cannot make the games, parents must contact the team coach well in advance so that he/she can make other arrangement to make sure there is enough girls to field a game in order not to forfeit. Very stressful to coaches and not fair to teammates and their families when games are forfeited due to lack of players to field a game. Maximum of players per team 12 girls and need 8 girls to start/end the game in order not to forfeit.